CM KP expresses his dissatisfaction on progress made on provision of civic amenities in Regi Model Township

Special Correspondent

 PESHAWAR: Expressing his dissatisfaction on the progress made on the provision of civic amenities in the newly developed Regi Model Township, Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mahmood Khan has directed the high ups of all the concerned federal and provincial departments/entities to sit together and devise a workable plan within ten days positively in order to make significant physical progress in the matter. He was chairing a high level meeting to review progress on provision of various civic facilities including electricity, gas, recreational facilities, education and healthcare setups, security arrangements etc. in the newly developed township. Besides Special Assistant to Chief Minister KP on Local Government and Rural Development Kamran Bangash, Inspector General Police Dr. Sanaullah Abassi, Commissioner Peshawar Amajid Ali Khan and Director General Peshawar Development Authority Zafar Ali Shah, relevant authorities of Home, Health, Education and Local Government Departments, Frontier Constabulary, PESCO and SNGPL attended the meeting. The meeting was given a detail briefing on the progress so far made on the provision of the aforesaid civic amenities in the township. The meeting was informed that 70% payments have been made against the purchased land for the township whereas work is in progress to clear the remaining 30% of the payments as well. The Chief Minister directed the high ups of Police and Frontier Constabulary to deploy the required strength of security personnel to improve security situation in the township. He also directed the high ups of PESCO to take concrete steps in order to timely complete work on the construction of grid station and transmission lines for uninterrupted supply of electricity to township. Regarding the removal of encroachments in the township, Mahmood Khan directed the high ups of PDA to get the issue resolved through dialogues, and made it clear that if the issue was not resolved through dialogues and peaceful means then the administration would be left with no other option but to use force to remove the encroachments . Regarding the reservations and concerns of Kokikhel tribe with regard to some pieces of land of the township, the Chief Minister directed to convene a jirga of the concerned political and tribal elders of Kokikhel to resolve the issue through dialogues in an amicable manner.

Upload Your Cv